Top Stitchers: Season 1 Contestant



I've been lucky enough to be part of the Pattern Revolution team since it's inception (nearly 2 years ago).  I often wonder how I got so lucky to join the team, as I had literally been sewing less than a year at that point.  But, maybe, just maybe, it was partly due to my obsessive "hacking" of the only shorts pattern I owned, Brownie-Goose Summer Sailors (blogged HERE and HERE).

Patterns have always been a blank canvas for me.  I've never liked to be contained inside the confines of the box, so to speak (unless I'm testing a pattern, of course).  When Becca posed the question in the Pattern Revolution group, "What is your sewing superpower?", I knew it was hacking patterns.

Sooo, here's my announcement!!  I'm competing in Season 1.  Basically, my challenger (Amy of Friends Stitched Together) and I are given the same prompt (think Iron Chef concept, but involving sewing) and we will be judged on several criteria.  Head over HERE to read the full details!

_______________________________________________________________

Here's our prompt: 

~ April Showers ~

"April Showers bring May flowers" - but why wait a month for sunshine and blooming gardens to look fabulous?? Your child will be the most fashionable puddle-jumper there is when you hack two or more apparel* patterns to create a full rainy day ensemble. *non-outerwear patterns only - let's really challenge ourselves! 

Remember! As a Hacker contestant, your objective is to find the untapped potential in a pattern, and use it as your blank canvas to paint your masterpiece upon.

_______________________________________________________________

This should be interesting, seeing as I've never allowed my girls to jump in puddles.  (The mere thought of it makes my anxiety sky-rocket! LOL) 

I've got my ideas brewing and my fabrics picked!  Any guesses to the direction I may be headed?

Stay tuned.... and be thinking of playing along at home!! Each theme will have a linky party :)









1 comment on "Top Stitchers: Season 1 Contestant"
  1. Can't wait to see your creation(s). I know you will knock it out of the park and it will be awesome. Love, Stalker Stacy.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature